Parkview Nursing Centre, a warm, friendly setting where caring for our residents is our reason for being. We are seeking a skilled and compassionate Social Worker to join our team who will be responsible for supporting our residents and their families by providing emotional and practical support, assessing their needs, and coordinating care services.
Qualifications & Requirements
Post Secondary diploma in social work from an accredited institution.
Current registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
Knowledge in addressing the diverse needs of residents through a variety of means including specialized individual and family counselling.
Knowledge of the developmental tasks of the residents served, the impact of chronic disease/impairments on residents and families.
Knowledge of current trends and best practices.
Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and independently.
Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skill.
Role Overview, Expectations and Responsibilities
• Facilitates initial contact, tours, and admissions for prospective residents and their families.
• Conducting comprehensive assessments of residents' needs, strengths, and resources.
• Developing and implementing individualized care plans that address the resident's physical, emotional, and social needs.
• Provide emotional and practical support to residents and their families, including counseling, advocacy, and referral to community resources.
• Coordinate with other members of the care team to ensure that residents receive the highest quality care.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of all resident interactions and care plans.
• Attend interdisciplinary team meetings to discuss resident care plans and provide input on psychosocial issues.
• Participate in quality improvement initiatives and identify opportunities for improving resident outcomes.
• Advocating for residents' rights and assisting them in navigating systems to access needed services.
• Be an ongoing liaison to family and resident concerns should they have any.
• Engaging in ongoing professional development to stay current on best practices and treatment techniques.
Compensation & What you can expect
The role offers a competitive compensation package that includes comprehensive health, dental, and life insurance coverage through Sunlife.