Dilys Consulting is a reputable provider of recruitment and staffing services for senior living and continuing care organizations throughout Canada. We are currently seeking a highly qualified and experienced Registered Nurse as the Director of Care (DOC) for a permanent position with one of our clients in Sarnia ON.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Post R.N. education in management or a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in management.
• Post R.N. education in the field of gerontology or 3 years relevant experience in working with persons in long-term care (including diploma or certificate courses).
• Demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
• Strong communication and team-building skills.
• Clear understanding of and ability to implement care practices that reflect Residents’ Rights.
• Knowledge of quality improvement and risk management.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to promote professionalism, teamwork and shared responsibility for care within the Home in keeping with the code of conduct.
Role Overview, Expectations and Responsibilities
• Overseeing the delivery of high-quality care to residents in a long-term care home
• Collaborating with staff, residents, and families to ensure care is delivered in a compassionate and respectful manner
• Planning, directing, coordinating, and supervising the Nursing Program at the LTC home
• Ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and standards
• Implementing care practices that reflect Residents’ Rights
• Promoting professionalism, teamwork, and shared responsibility for care within the home
Compensation & What you can expect
Competitive salary and benefits package