Creekstone Care Centre is a modern long term care home for 180 seniors. Opened in April 2021, Creekstone Care Centre is conveniently located at 1526 Oxford Street, North Vancouver. Creekstone is part of the growing Trellis-family of care homes with locations in Kamloops, Richmond, North Vancouver and Sechelt (currently under construction). Together we make a difference in lives every day!
Why Join Creekstone? We are passionate about our vision to create joy in life and aging…by caring, connecting and celebrating and living our values of teamwork, learning, positive-outlook, flexibility and responsibility. • We want to make meaningful contributions to life and aging; • We are small, nimble and innovative; and • We offer competitive compensation.
Qualifications & Requirements
Experience as a DOC or ADOC at an LTC home supporting seniors is required.
Current BCCNM registration as RN, RPN or LPN in the province of British Columbia.
Advanced skills in resident assessment, critical thinking, and clinical decision-making.
Experience with Point Click Care and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools Experience with education tools including e-learning platforms is an asset
Strong verbal communication, interpersonal and problem-solving abilities including time management and the ability to speak, write and read text in English.
Good health and physically able to perform the duties of the role.
This role requires a hands-on DOC that is able to provide visible clinical leadership.
Applicants must pass the vulnerable sector criminal record check according to provincial guidelines.
COVID-19 considerations: This site complies with all Ministry guidelines for long-term care homes.
Ability to commute/relocate: Must be able to commute regularly or plan to move prior to starting work
Role Overview, Expectations and Responsibilities
Are you an experienced RN, RPN or LPN looking for an opportunity to build and lead an exceptional Nursing and Care Team?
Do you describe yourself as a servant leader with a passion for promoting evidence-based best practices in gerontological nursing and services?
Are you known as a clinical leader that embraces person and family-centered care?
We are seeking a Director of Care to passionately lead the Nursing and Care Team at Creekstone Care Centre. We are looking for an exceptional clinical leader who can provide clinical support to our Nursing Team. This is a hands-on DOC position that requires the DOC to have a comprehensive knowledge and experience with Point Click Care, MDS, POC, and CIHI in order to coordinate work assignments, coach, train, and develop competencies around these so that accurate and detailed person-centred care plans are developed by their team.
You will work closely with the leadership team including the General Manager and the Director of Clinical Practice and Safety in order to:
• Deliver high quality care services to achieve company targets for Resident and Employee Satisfaction and for exemplary recognition by Accreditation Canada;
• Manage services for compliance with policies and applicable legislation;
• Promote a safe and healthy workplace with professionalism, kindness and respect.
• Hire, train and manage performance to grow a dynamic quality team.
• Collaborate with residents, families and the multidisciplinary team to customize care plans and services
• Pursue Safety as a Priority through monitoring, support and improvements.
• Respond to emergencies, as needed, including attendance on-site after hours if required.
• Manage all care-related service costs, including labour costs, for safety and to budget.
• Report regularly on risks and indicators including census, audits and related action(s).
• Perform other related tasks as required
As the Ideal Candidate you are:
• An experienced healthcare manager who has a passion for high quality care and is excited to lead a dynamic high performing team;
• A clinical knowledge leader who embraces lifelong learning and believes in a growth mindset;
• A visionary who sees the opportunity to make a difference in long term care through a full-scope LPN practice; and
• A joyful person who gets energy from caring, connecting and celebrating.
Interested in learning more about this Director of Care position before making a decision? We would be glad to talk with you.
Dilys Consulting has been retained by Creekstone Care Centre to fill this position.
Compensation & What you can expect
• Competitive base salary and compensation package
• Benefits: Extended health care, dental care, vision care, wellness program, employee assistance program, life insurance, free on-site parking, paid time off, RRSP match