Dilys Consulting is a reputable provider of recruitment and staffing services for senior living and continuing care organizations throughout Canada.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Nurse Practitioner in the Extended Class (NP-EC); entitled to practice with no restrictions and in good standing .
• Post-graduate education and experience in gerontology (Asset)
• Specialty certification in gerontological nursing (Asset)
• Post-graduate certificate and experience in palliative care (Asset)
• Long-Term Care experience (Preferred)
• Member of RNAO (Preferred)
• Member of NPAO (Preferred)
• Satisfactory criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening will be required with Proof of COVID-19 vaccination .
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
• Strong clinical knowledge and skills, with the ability to diagnose and treat a wide range of medical conditions.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and establish trust with residents and families.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and independently.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
• Proficiency in electronic health records (EHR) and Microsoft Office Suite.
Role Overview, Expectations and Responsibilities
• Provide primary care to residents as part of the interdisciplinary care team.
• Collaborate with the resident, family/caregiver, and health team to develop and evaluate the resident's plan of care.
• Provide leadership and mentorship to LTCH staff to enhance their knowledge and skills.
• Maintain confidentiality and act in an ethical manner consistent with professional expectations and LTCH policies.
• Collaborate, consult, and refer to other healthcare professionals as appropriate.
• Conduct person-centered health assessments, health histories, and engage residents in regular dialogue about their care plan.
• Provide person-focused health education, counselling, and pharmacological interventions within NP scope of practice.
• Participate in care conferences, internal and external committees, and quality improvement initiatives.
• Accurately document clinical data, assessments, diagnoses, plans of care, interventions, and residents' responses.
• Provide after-hours and on-call coverage and advocate for and provide palliative and end-of-life care.
Compensation & What you can expect
The role offers a highly competitive compensation package that includes comprehensive health, dental, and life insurance coverage through Sunlife.